NOTICE OF NIGHT WORK
In order to expedite their Natural Gas Relocation Project, the City has approved Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) to close East Blithedale Avenue between Elm Avenue at Park School (west) and Elm Avenue (east) from May 15 to 17 from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Why night work?
Night work will allow the project to move forward quickly and lessen impacts on the community that rely on this critical roadway to access local businesses and neighborhoods.
What can residents expect?
- Residents can expect high noise levels on the nights of May 15 and 16. There will be a noise reduction during the evening of May 17.
- Project managers expect nighttime operations to slowly move down the street and will likely not be in one specific location all night.
We appreciate your patience with the work and your continued understanding as we move into the next phase of pavement work.
If possible, we urge motorists to avoid East Blithedale Avenue - use Camino Alto and Miller Avenue to avoid the construction area.
If you drive on East Blithedale Avenue, please plan, leave plenty of time to safely reach your destination, and follow posted speed limits and traffic control signs. Please proceed cautiously, as East Blithedale Avenue is an active work zone. One-way traffic control will be in effect between 8:15 am and 5:00 pm.
What Is Happening This Upcoming Week: May 15th
- East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation: Argonaut Constructors will continue to raise utilities to the finished pavement surface between Sunnyside Avenue and Carmelita Avenue. They will continue the installation of reinforced concrete bus pads. Bus stops 40139 and 40140 on opposite sides of the street near Mountain View Avenue will continue to be out of service. Alternate bus stops can be found here.
Work crews will paint the permanent roadway striping on East Blithedale Avenue and Sycamore Avenue. There will be reconstruction of three (3) driveways between Elm Avenue (west) and Amicita Avenue.
- PG&E Natural Gas Relocation Project – Elm Avenue (west) to Elm Avenue (east): See section above.
What Is Happening The Following Week: May 22nd
- East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation: Argonaut Constructors will identify utilities between Carmelita Avenue and Elm Avenue (near the Park School) before grinding the existing roadway.
- PG&E Natural Gas Relocation Project – Alta Vista Avenue to Elm Avenue (east): PG&E will continue lowering the natural gas services.
This Past Week in Photos:
Saw cutting the outline of the bus stop pad for bus stop ID 40140.
Demolition of existing asphalt for the construction of the bus stop pad for bus stop ID 40139.
Placement of reinforcing steel to be cast within the concrete bus pad.
Crosswalk striping layout at Mountain View Avenue.
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns. The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.