- Demo sidewalk and form new curb and gutter at Equator Coffee’s corner.
- Install a new storm drain manhole at Equator Coffee’s corner.
- Concrete sidewalk, curb ramp bulb out, and median island crosswalk at Throckmorton and Bernard.
- Demo sidewalk, install storm drain and manhole, and form new curb and gutter at the Depot Plaza corner.
What Is Happening: April 5th Through April 19th
Interstate Paving and Grading Inc. will work on:
- Miller Ave.
- Demo and form new curb and gutter from Equator Coffee to Urban Remedy.
- Place temp non-skid steel ramps for pedestrian access to each business on Miller Ave.
- Demo and form new sidewalks along Miller from Equator Coffee to Urban Remedy.
- Lytton Square
- Place decomposed granite, topsoil, and granite rock bench to the Lytton Square median.
- Relocate Granite Rocks from Lytton Square Median to Old Mill Park, rocks are being moved to Old Mill Park to help save the redwood trees in the median, by providing enough room to grow/accept water.
Downtown Parking and Traffic During Construction
Temp No Parking Signs will be posted around the construction area to allow the contractor to demo, remove, off-haul the existing sidewalks, and pour new concrete sidewalks.
Depending on the construction impacts on parking, free parking signs will be posted at some locations on Throckmorton Avenue and on Miller Ave. 2 Hour Max time limit shall still be observed.
No traffic detour or road closure is expected during this phase of the project.
There will be occasions for lane closure and one-way traffic control with flagmen.
A Message from the Chamber of Commerce:
As the construction of the Downtown Project Continues this spring, We Keep Ramping Up Our Support for Downtown Businesses & Nonprofits – Check Out Our New Signs Reminding You to #ShopMV! Click Here
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns.
The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
For more information, please check out the project website at www.cityofmillvalley.org/downtownproject
Project updates are sent out in our Newsletter: Sign Up Here!
The project team will be available with a representatiave at the Depot Plaza every Friday between 10 -10:30 AM throughout the project to address questions.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Hank Doll - the City designated Construction Manager for the project.
Hank Doll, PE, QSD