Sycamore Avenue Roadway Paving will occur from November 1, 2022, through November 15, 2022
See below for more details.
East Blithedale Avenue Open for Through Traffic
East Blithedale Avenue is now open to through traffic between Camino Alto and Downtown Mill Valley. Motorists may experience localized closures or flagged one-way traffic control until May 2023.We encourage motorists to use Miller Avenue to access Downtown Mill Valley.
Crews continue working on East Blithedale Avenue between Sunnyside Avenue and Amicita Avenue to allow for ongoing sanitary sewer and concrete work, which involves replacing curb ramps, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and driveways.
A Message From the Chamber of Commerce:
As Blithedale Project Continues, We Keep Ramping Up Our Support For Downtown Businesses & Nonprofits – Check Out Our New Signs Reminding You to #ShopMV! Click Here
Downtown Concrete Rehabilitation
The concrete work taking place Downtown will progress east from Sunnyside Avenue to Grove Street. Flagged one-way traffic control is in effect and street parking on East Blithedale Avenue is available opposite the construction.
What Is Happening This Upcoming Week: October 24th
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation PW 21-1 Sycamore Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation. Argonaut Constructors will begin lowering utilities in advance of the roadway pavement grinding and paving.
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 (between Sunnyside Avenue and Grove Street): Argonaut Constructors will continue concrete work along the north side of East Blithedale Avenue. Storm drain system improvements will continue between Sunnyside Avenue and Grove Street. Motorists should expect minor delays with flagged one-way traffic control.
- Bus riders should be aware that bus stop 40139 at Mountain View Avenue and bus stop #40141 at Hill Street will be out of service. Click here to view nearby alternate stops.
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 (between Elm Avenue (west) and Catalpa Avenue: Argonaut Constructors will plug pave to remove the roadway drop-off at Park School.
Upcoming Work: Week of October 31st
- PW 21-1 Sycamore Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation: Argonaut Constructors will perform roadway pavement grinding on November 1st between East Blithedale and Fern Avenue, then on November 2nd grind between Fern Avenue and La Goma Street. Asphalt roadway paving may occur immediately after the grinding unless the roadway structure requires rehabilitation. Paving would then occur on November 7th between East Blithedale and Fern Avenue and paving on November 8th between Fern Avenue and La Goma Street. No street parking will be allowed from East Blithedale Avenue to La Goma Street between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Residents can expect heavy construction noise.
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 2 (Mesa Avenue): Argonaut Constructors will continue concrete work at Mesa Avenue and East Blithedale Avenue. Flaggers will conduct one-way traffic control. Pedestrians may use the south side sidewalk.
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 (Grove Street to Elm Avenue (west)): Argonaut Constructors will continue concrete work along East Blithedale Avenue. Flaggers will conduct one-way traffic control. Pedestrians may use the south side sidewalk.
This Past Week In Photos:
Sidewalk and curb & gutter restoration at Hill Street.
Sidewalk demo at SW corner of Sunnyside.
Storm drainage improvement at Mountain View Ave.
Completed sidewalk restoration at Westamerica Bank.
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns. The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.