450 Sycamore Avenue
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Phase Information & Update
The Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) Rehabilitation Project (Phases 1 and 2) is 90% complete. The first phase of the WWTP Master Plan implementation began in April 2018 and was completed in 2020. Phase 2 started in 2020 and will be completed by the end of 2021 The primary goal in this $20+ million dollar program is to help ensure reliable treatment of wastewater, as well as compliance with regional, State, and Federal regulations. Numerous upgrades of major equipment and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure are key components of these two phases of this SASM construction program.
Completed Project Elements and Ongoing Work Activities
The following is a list of completed project elements and ongoing work activities that are progressing well and remain on schedule to be completed by November 2022:
• Headwork Building Belt-press Room Ventilation Modifications:100% complete.
• Rehabilitation of Secondary Clarifier Number 1: 100% Complete
• Rehabilitation of Secondary Clarifier Number 2: 100% Complete
• Hypochlorite Storage and Transfer System:100% Complete
• Rest Area Improvements: 100% Complete
• Digester Tank Number 1 Floating Cover Replacement: 100% Complete
• Cathodic Protection System (CP-1) Replacement: 100% Complete
• Trickling Filter #1 & #2 Media Replacement: April - October 2022
• Main Plant Switchgear Replacement: May – August 2022
Digester #2 Rehabilitation Project Update
Starting April 25th, W.C. Maloney, Inc., will be removing and demolishing the deteriorate 40-yr old structural steel “floating” lid. A large “Biggie” crane and heavy equipment noise should be expected from 7 AM – 5 PM, Monday thru Friday involving metal cutting, crushing, and pounding noise. All demolition work will be performed within SASM’s property line, as no pedestrian safety nor traffic nor impacts are anticipated. All demolition work is expected to be completed by April 29th.
Inside view of the deteriorated lid to be demolished