Cash for Sewers
Sewer Lateral Replacement Program
When you have a home with an old sewer system, life can get very expensive and inconvenient, and your home can decrease in value. SASM and its Member Agencies want to help qualifying homeowners access financial assistance to make much needed home improvements. The Sewer Lateral Replacement Program offers a reimbursement of up to $150 for the video inspection and the opportunity to receive a reimbursement grant or low interest loan to replace or repair sewer lateral lines.
There are two aspects to the program:
- The Grant Program to provides a reimbursement of up to $150 for the video inspection, and will fund a 50% reimbursement of the repair cost (capped at $2,200) for a single family residence in the SASM service area whose income is not higher than 70% of the median household income of Marin County.
- The Low Interest Loan Program to provides a reimbursement of up to $150 for the video inspection, and may cover up to 100% of the cost of repair and replacement ($6,000 cap) at a low interest rate over the course of 1 to 2 years for a single family residence in the SASM service area. There is no income limit.
All homeowners who participate in the program will receive a Certificate of Compliance upon completion of the project.
Please note: The cap amount may change depending on availability of the remaining fund.
Questions? Ready to Apply?
- Call the Sewerage Agency of Southern Marin at 415-388-2402.
- Download the Information Packet and Application (PDF).
- Or pick up an application at the SASM Wastewater Treatment Facility (450 Sycamore Avenue), or City Hall (26 Corte Madera Avenue).