Under direction from the City Manager, the City Clerk is an active, collaborative member of the management team. He/She prepares and maintains the city's legislative actions and proceedings, assures compliance with Open Meeting laws, conducts local elections, and provides administrative support to the City Manager and City Council.
Mill Valley's City Clerk is the city government's record-keeper and chief information officer. City Clerk responsibilities include:
- Providing Council agendas, preparing meeting packets
- Recording official proceedings of Council meetings
- Processing legal documents
- Codifying and updating the Municipal Code
- Maintaining board and commission membership records
- Providing resources for miscellaneous and historical information
- Maintaining index of legislative history and official records as required by law
- Maintaining and facilitating statements of economic interest for all elected officials and designated employees as required by Fair Political Practices Commission
- Planning and coordinating municipal elections, maintaining election records and campaign disclosure statements and candidate filings
- In Current Election information (LINK), you can learn more about upcoming municipal elections and about voter registration.
- For information regarding business licenses, please visit the Business License webpage (LINK) and contact the Finance Department (LINK). The City Clerk's office does not handle business licenses.
- For your convenience the Mill Valley Municipal Code (LINK) is available online.
- Information about the Municipal Services Tax (LINK)
- Please visit the Service Directory (LINK) if you're looking for a quick phone number.
- Download the "Maddy Act" Local Appointments List (PDF) of all regular and on-going boards, commissions and committees.